During Bio Academy, you will learn how to envision, prototype and document your ideas through many hours of hands-on experience. You will work weekly in short term assignments and complete the course with a Final Project mixing and blending all the acquired knowledge. You will be evaluated mainly based on your website, where you will document your work through out the cycle. So it is important that you incorporate from the beginning the habit of
documenting your processes, both success and failure.
The evaluation process is constantly ongoing and has many layers. You will be evaluated for:
- the assignments (what you’ll do)
- what we want you to learn each week (why you’re doing it)
- the base-line evidence/proof/things you need to show what you’ve learned each week (what you did and how you did it).
Requirements for graduation
A student graduates from Fab Academy under the following conditions:
- He/she has completed and documented ALL the assignments, based on the standards of the Assessment Document.
- He/she has presented the Final Project to the Faculty and to their peer in the Final Presentations rounds of January.
- He/she has been evaluated and passed the assessment of both Local Instructor and Global Evaluator. For 2017 students, this procedure took place in the App, which you can access with your fablabs.io login info.
- He/she has paid their corresponding Fab Academy tuition fees and the Global Evaluation fees (if is a continuing student)